Around the WebDecember 20, 2013 at 12:00 am | Posted in Around the Web, Books, Comic Books, Episode VII, Interview, Movies, News, Regular Feature, Star Wars, Star Wars Books, Star Wars News, Star Wars Rebels, Television | Leave a comment
Tags: dave filoni, jason fry, john ostrander, kevin j. anderson, martha wells, paul s. kemp, the sentinel, the sundering, tim siedell, Troy Denning, wolf creek
Here is this week’s Around the Web.
- For horror fans, you might be familiar with the Australian horror flick Wolf Creek. Not only is the movie getting a sequel in February, but a book series as well. Penguin Books will be releasing Wolf Creek: Origin February 1st, a prequel to the original film. The book will be by authors Greg Mclean and Aaron Sterns who are also the writers of the films. Alongside that will be Wolf Creek: Desolation Game by Greg Mclean and Brett McBean. Like Origin, it’s a prequel novel. Both are being published over in Australia so I’m not sure when they’ll be available elsewhere, however Amazon does have a US eBook listing for Origin and Desolation Game with a January 2nd release.
- Jason Fry did a nice Q&A for a young fan. In his letter, he included a mention for three new Star Wars books he’s got coming out and one that’s on hold.
- Martha Wells has a nice year end wrap-up post for fans wanting to make sure they didn’t miss out on anything.
- Paul S. Kemp talked a little about The Godborn and Egil & Nix over on Fantasy Book Critic.
- Plus an update on The Sentinel by Troy Denning, “Just finished proofreading the galleys for my Sundering novel, THE SENTINEL (due out in April). Boy, it’s fun to be in the Realms again!”
- Kevin J. Anderson is also holding a bad joke contest for his Dan Shamble, Zombie PI character McGoo on Facebook.
- Mike Gold wrote a tantalizing column over on ComicMix about his lunch with comic writer John Ostrander and some projects they have in mind. What are those projects? Well they won’t be Star Wars, but if Ostrander is writing them, I’m on board.
- In other comic news, comic writer Tim Siedell joked about another name for his new project, “Lucasfilm rejected my first idea: DARTH VADER and the SLOW TORTURE OF JAR JAR BINKS. I guess they don’t like bathing in cash.”
- Roxy the Rancor has her own website now.
- Earlier this month, Star Wars joined Instagram. Now they’ve joined Tumblr. You can check the official Star Wars account here. They haven’t posted much, but the did post a piece of concept art from Star Wars Rebels.
- The Star Wars Episode VII script is expected to be done in January. Jedi News spotted a tweet revealing partial scripts out and about.
- According to Alan Horn, Indy 5 is still 2 to 3 years out.
- The Sin City sequel is making headway with the release of a movie poster which includes a release date: August 22, 2014.
- And in my favorite bit of movie news this week, a teaser trailer for The Expendables 3 not only does a nod to the Bridge Over the River Kwai whistling theme, but unveils even more superstars: Antonio Banderas, Mel Gibson, Wesley Snipes and Kelsey Grammer. That’s on top of the recurring cast and of course Harrison Ford.
- Mythbusters returns January 4th at 8/7c on the Discovery channel with a supersized Star Wars special!
- Dave Filoni wraps up his three part interview on StarWars.com with some tidbits on the upcoming Star Wars: The Clone Wars bonus content.