Legacy #14 is going strong with great artwork and great storytelling. Click here to check out our full review.
Reviewed By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: a spark remains, dark times, knights of the old republic, legacy, omnibus
Dark Horse Comics has three new Star Wars releases today.
Legacy #14 (of 18)
look into Ania Solo’s prison-camp past reveals a secret connection to the brutal bounty hunter who is desperate to bring her to justice—dead, not alive!
But bounty hunters are only part of Ania’s problems!
* The answer to “Who is Ania Solo?” is at hand!
Writers: Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman
Artist: Gabriel Hardman
Colorist: Jordan Boyd
Cover Artist: Agustin Alessio
Format: FC, 32 pages
Star Wars Omnibus: Knights of the Old Republic Volume 3
Free from the false charges against him, former Padawan Zayne Carrick discovers that one of his allies, Jarael, has been running from her past. Soon Zayne is caught in a web of sport dueling, slavery, an evil twin, an ancient society, and finally, the frontline of the Mandalorian Wars. Collects Knights of the Old Republic #38–#50 and Knights of the Old Republic—War #1–#5 (part of volume 7 and volumes 8–10).
* Expands the story of the smash-hit video games!
* From the New York Times best-selling novelist John Jackson Miller!
Writer: John Jackson Miller
Pencillers: Ron Chan, Brian Ching, Bong Dazo, Andrea Mutti and Dean Zachary
Inker: Pierluigi Baldassini
Colorist: Michael Atiyeh
Cover Artist: Dan Scott
Format: FC, 416 pages; TP, 6” x 9”
Dark Times Volume 7: A Spark Remains TPB
Together with their old friend Dass Jennir and a new Jedi acquaintance, the crew of the Uhumele is plotting to take down the Galactic Emperor’s second in command, Darth Vader! For this foolproof plan, they’ll be offering something the Dark Lord won’t be able to resist: Jedi. Collects Star Wars: Dark Times—A Spark Remains #1–#5.
* Vader on the hunt . . . for Jedi!
* Darth Vader grooms an assassin for the Empire!
Writer: Randy Stradley
Penciller: Douglas Wheatley
Colorist: Dan Jackson
Cover Artist: Benjamin Carré
Format: FC, 128 pages; TP, 6 5/8” x 10 3/16”
Posted By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Latest Databurst From the 501st covering 501st Legion event news from April 23 through 29th. With the weather getting nice, there are plenty of charity walks to check out. As always, be sure to mark your calendars and support your local garrisons.
- Badlands Garrison will be in Calgary, AB for Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo from April 24-27th.
- 70th Explorers will be in Kansas City, MO for Kansas City Corporate Challenge 2014 at Truman Sports Complex from 3:00 to 8:00 PM.
- Bast Alpha Garrison will be in New Orleans, LA for the Zoo-To-Do for Kids.
- Carolina Garrison will be in Wilmington, NC for the Relay for Life 2014 at Ashley High School.
- Garrison Carida will be in Allentown, PA for Walk Now For Autism Speaks at Dorney Park from 5:00 to 8:00 PM, and in Pittsburgh, PA at the Carnegie Space Center from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
- German Garrison will be in Stuttgart for the FMX Fair.
- Midwest Garrison will be in Chicago, IL for C2E2 from April 25-27th (Dan Tefler escort for Comedy Mutant on Friday, 501st panel 1:00 to 2:00 PM Saturday, and they’ll be at the Children’s Blaster Arena).
Tags: ryder windham, secret missions
Ryder Windham is set to write Ezra’s Gamble, a Star Wars Rebels book which will be out in August. But what can readers expect from the book? Well, to get an idea, I’m checking out Ryder Windham’s Star Wars: The Clone Wars books. They’re both books based on animated Star Wars tv shows and they’re both aimed at kids. Thankfully, Breakout Squad is also a book adults can enjoy. Click here to check out our full review.
Reviewed By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
With “Hail Hydra” being a running gag, this one is my favorite.
Posted By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: coldbrook, dave filoni, empire and rebellion, kevin hearne, tim lebbon
Here is this week’s Around the Web news roundup of Star Wars and beyond.
- Star Wars author Kevin Hearne has finished off his untitled Luke Skywalker novel which will be the third book in the Empire and Rebellion series. So far, that book has a tentative January 2015 release date.
- Author Tim Lebbon did a nice interview with SF Signal you can check out here. It covers his latest novel, Coldbrook.
- Random House now has a new page for a William Shakespeare’s Star Wars Trilogy: The Royal Box Set. No details yet, but collector’s will definitely want to keep an eye out for this one.
- And over on edelweiss and Rebels Report, they’ve revealed some covers for the Star Wars Rebels books.
Tags: darth maul, legacy, rebel heist, son of dathomir
Dark Horse Comics has revealed their Star Wars solicitations for the July 2014.
Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir #3 (of 4) Continue Reading Dark Horse Star Wars Solicitations for July 2014…
Here is this week’s Podcasts in Review.
Assembly of Geeks: “Captain America, Trekkies & Anomalies” episode has a nice discussion of Captain America: The Winter Soldier complete with themed intro. They dig into their thoughts on the movie, how it stacks up against the previous Marvel movies and they keep it light on spoilers. Later, they talk with special guest Jen Rhodes from the Anomaly Podcast who talks about her fandom, podcasting, Star Wars and more heavily, Star Trek. Capping things off, they talk about two Star Wars themed tv episodes (The Big Bang Theory and The Goldbergs) and some other movie news. An entertaining show and worth listening to for lots of fun geeky discussion. The Trek talk actually got me fired up to watch some Star Trek, so fair warning, you may need to set some tv time aside after listening to this show.
Bombad Radio: Episode 138 continues their discussion of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, this time diving into Timothy Zahn’s Thrawn trilogy. Unfortunately Jeremiah is absent on this episode. The hosts do a decent job of covering the books without revealing too much or anything too spoilery, so if you’re a new reader, you can still listen without any worries. That said, it was kind of an average show. I didn’t really get into it too much. It would have been nice if they could have probed some more interesting details or topics concerning the three best Star Wars novels ever written.
Coffee with Kenobi: Episode #16 features special guest Consetta Parker and a fun chat about her love for Star Wars, why it’s special, and how she ended up marrying a stormtrooper. It’s a nice interview and a good way to round out their interviews with the Full of Sith podcast hosts, though, they could still do one with Bobby in order to cover them all. Beyond that, they cover some listener feedback and The Bearded Trio weighs in with some more Jurassic World news. Continue Reading Podcasts in Review…
Dark Horse Comics will have a presence at WonderCon this weekend and you can catch them at booth #519. Each of their signing will include free posters, comics or prints. There will also be a selection of panels fans can check out.
Friday, April 18
- 1:00 p.m. Avatar: The Last Airbender: Gene Yang
- 3:00 p.m. Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi: Dan Parsons
Saturday, April 19
- 11:00 a.m. Bad Houses: Sara Ryan
- 12:00 p.m. Avatar: The Last Airbender: Gene Yang
- 3:00 p.m. Tomb Raider: Gail Simone
- 4:00 p.m. Never Ending: D. J. Kirkbride, Robert Love
- 5:00 p.m. The Fifth Beatle: Vivek J. Tiwary, Andrew C. Robinson
Sunday, April 20 Continue Reading Dark Horse’s WonderCon Schedule…
Tags: darth vader and the cry of shadows
Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows comes to an end with issue #5. Will Hock make it out alive? For that, you’ll have to read the issue because we’re not spoiling it. But Vader and Hock both go on a warpath that delves into the emotions of war and consequences of revenge. Click here to read our full review.