Databurst From the 501stJune 1, 2016 at 12:00 am | Posted in 501st, Charity, Conventions, Databurst From the 501st, Events, News, Star Wars, Star Wars News | Leave a comment
Latest Databurst From the 501st covering 501st Legion event news from June 1 to 7th. As always, be sure to mark your calendars and support your local garrisons.
- Central Garrison will be in Omaha, NE for the Make-A-Wish send off at Blocks and Bricks.
- Outer Rim Garrison will be in Vancouver, BC for CKNW Orphan’s Fund Playland Picnic from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Austrian Garrison will be at the film premiere of Regrets of the Past.
- Midwest Garrison will be in Peoria, IL for the Children’s Hospital visit.
- Northeast Remnant Garrison will be at Tenefly STEM Night.
- Carolina Garrison will be in Charleston, SC for Nighttime At the Museum from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at the Charleston Museum.
- Central California Garrison will be in Reno, NV for Star Wars Night with the Reno Aces at Greater Nevada Field at 5:00 PM.
- Florida Garrison will be at SIFI Club NorthLake Park Community School.
- Garrison Carida will be in Wilmington, DE for Star Wars Night with the Blue Rocks at Frawley Stadium from 5:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Garrison Excelsior will be at Niagara Falls Comic Con from June 3 to 5th.
- Georgia Garrison will be in College Park, GA for the Starve Wars Meal Packing Event at Georgia International Conference Center from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Old Line Garrison will be in Washington D.C. for Awesome Con from June 3 to 5th.
- Star Garrison will be in Dallas, TX for FAN Expo from June 3 to 5th.
- Titan Garrison will be in Everett, WA for Everett Community College Free Drive-In Movie The Force Awakens from 6:30 PM to midnight.
- 70th Explorers Garrison will be in Joplin, MO for Star Wars Night at the Joe Becker Stadium from 6:30 to 10:00 PM.
- Alpine Garrison will be in Lehi, UT for Walk With Angels at Margaret Wines Park from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM, and in Roy, UT for Weber County Library FANcon from noon to 3:00 PM.
- Badlands Garrison will be in Edmonton, AB for Eek! Fest, and in Calgary, AB for the Brain Tumor Walk.
- Carolina Garrison will be in Forest City, NC for Star Wars Night with the Forest City Owls from 7:00 to 10:30 PM at McNair Field, and in Raleigh, NC for the Special Olympics from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Central Garrison will be in West Des Moines, IA for the Relay For Life at Raccoon River Park at 5:00 PM, and in Omaha, NE for the Summer Reading Program at Milton R. Abrahams Branch.
- Czech Garrison will be in Prague for Weekend Children at Hamleys.
- Dutch Garrison will be in Haarlem for Stripdagen Haarlem, and in Hannover for MCM Hannover Comic Con.
- Florida Garrison will be at Ocala Comic Con from June 4 to 5th.
- Garrison Carida will be in Erie, PA for Highmark Charity Walk for a Healthy Community at Presque Isle State Park Beach 1 Runner’s Club Pavilion from 8:00 to 10:30 AM, in Wilmington, DE for the Highmark Charity Walk for a Healthy Community at Bellevue State Park Figure 8 Barn from 8:00 to 10:30 AM, in Allentown, PA for the Race for Adam charity event at Salisbury High School from 9:00 to 11:00 AM, and in Reading, PA for Star Wars Night with the Fightin Phils from 6:30 to 8:00 PM.
- Georgia Garrison will be in Acworth, GA for Cedarcrest Church BIG DAY OUT from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM, in Dallas, GA for the Summer Reading Kickoff at New Georgia Public Library from noon to 2:00 PM, and in Atlanta, GA for the Summer Reading Kickoff at East Atlanta Library from noon to 3:00 PM.
- German Garrison will be at Bended Realities Festival for Digital Culture.
- Great Lakes Garrison will be in Lansing, MI for Lugnuts Baseball, in Utica, MI for Star Wars Night with the Utica Unicorns, and in Ann Arbor, MI for UM Star Wars Movie Night at Michigan Football Stadium.
- Japanese Garrison will be in Hokkaido Sapporo Odori for the Greenbird volunteer cleaning.
- Midwest Garrison will be in Joliet, IL for Star Wars Day at the Joliet Library with author John Jackson Miller, artist Dave Dorman, Rebel Force Radio and more, , in Danville, IL for Villains Con, and in Dixon, IL for Rocking on the Rock.
- Northeast Remnant Garrison will be in Lakewood, NJ for Star Wars Night with the Blueclaws at 7:00 PM, in Little Egg Harbor, NJ for the Fundraiser for Lily at St. Theresa’s Church from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM, and in Princeton, NJ for the St. Francis Medical Gala from 5:30 to 7:30 PM.
- Northern Darkness Garrison will be in Joliet, IL for or Star Wars Day at the Joliet Library with author John Jackson Miller, artist Dave Dorman, Rebel Force Radio and more.
- Old Line Garrison will be in Greenbelt, MD for The Force Awakens at the Old Greenbelt Theatre from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM, in Riverdale, MD for the Superhero Summer Health Fair at the Center for Educational Partnership from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, in Sykesville, MD for the Relay For Life from 6:00 to 8:00 PM (parking lot behind French Twist), and in Glen Burnie, MD for the Girl Scout Summer Kick-off Lock-in at Marley Station Mall.
- Outer Rim Garrison will be in Vancouver, BC for the BC Children’s Hospital Miracle Weekend from June 4 to 5th.
- Redback Garrison will be at Brisbricks in Strathpine.
- Southern California Garrison will be in Bakersfield, CA for Walk for Kids at the California Living Museum from 8:00 to 11:00 AM, in Buena Park, CA for the Summer Reading Program Kick-Off at Buena Park Library District from June 4 to 5th, in Fullerton, CA for Star Wars Day at the Fullerton Public Library from 1:00 to 3:00 PM, and in Anaheim, CA for the Relay For Life at Glover Stadium from noon to 8:30 PM.
- Spanish Garrison will be in Marbella, Spain for Il Jornada Galactica at 6:00 PM.
- Star Garrison will be Amarillo, TX for Arthrogryposis Family Fun Day.
- Timberline Garrison will be in Boise, ID for the ID Capitol Classic Children’s Race from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- UK Garrison will be in Redruth for Geekfest 2.0 from June 4 to 5th, in Leicester for Leicester Comic Con from June 4 to 5th, in Glasgow, Scotland for the Alzheimer Scotland Family Fun Day, in Dunfermline for the Crossford Children’s Gala, in Cwmbran for Cwmbran Shopping Centre Star Wars Day, in Fareham for HMS Collingwood Open Day, and in Leven for the Methilhill Children’s Community Gala.
- Wisconsin Garrison will be in Appleton, WI for Star Wars Night with the Timber Rattlers at Neuroscience Group Field – Fox Cities Stadium from 5:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Badlands Garrison will be in Saskatchewan, AB for the Brain Tumor Walk and the Camp Easter Seal event.
- Czech Garrison will be in Decin for Kids Clay Day.
- Empire City Garrison will be in New York City, NY for the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis at Foley Square from 9:00 to 11:00 AM, and in Long Island, NY for the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis at Stony Brook University Athletic Field from 9:00 to 11:00 AM.
- Garrison Carida will be in Danville, PA for Geisinger Hospital Miracle Fest from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and in Chalfont, PA for Rita’s Water Ice/Alex’s Lemonade Stand charities from 2:00 to 4:00 PM.
- Garrison Excelsior will be at Albany Comic Con.
- Georgia Garrison will be in Cumming, GA for PBTF Ride for Kids 2016 at Cumming Fairgrounds from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- German Garrison will be in Jever for Star Wars Children Altstadtfest, and in Selgros Neu-Isenburg for the Collection for DKMS.
- Midwest Garrison will be in Chicago, IL for Wish to be a Jedi, in Geneva, IL for the March For Family Fun Event, and in Chicago, IL for the 2nd Annual Make-A-Wish Brunch.
- Old Line Garrison will be in Columbia, MD for the Howard County STEM event at Howard Community College from 1:00 to 5:00 PM.
- Redback Garrison will be at the Mater Little Miracles 5K in Brisbane, and the Give Me 5 For Kids at Mackay.
- UK Garrison will be in Matlock for the Matlock Food and Drink Festival 2016, and in Milton Keynes for The Big Lunch at Broughton Fields Primary School.
- Midwest Garrison will be in Peoria, IL for Foster Parent Appreciation, and in Elgin, IL for the Gail Borden Ice Cream Social.
- Star Garrison will be at the Star Wars & More: A John Williams Tribute.
Next Databurst…June 8th.
*If you didn’t see the events listed for your garrison, send us an email at roqoodepot(at)gmail.com and let us know. We’re glad to add any we missed. For more info on the 501st Legion, be sure to check out their official website.