Around the WebDecember 11, 2015 at 12:01 am | Posted in Art, Collecting, Comic Books, Conventions, Episode VII, Events, Interview, Marvel, Movies, Star Wars, Star Wars Rebels, Television, Toys, Trailer | Leave a comment
Here is this week’s Around the Web news roundup of Star Wars and beyond.
- Jonathan Lam has some neat Star Wars prints up on Art Thief.
- CBR has a preview for Darth Vader Annual #1.
- Edelweiss has some updates on far out Marvel Star Wars TPB’s.
Vader Down – April 19, 2016, $19.99, TPB, 136 pages, collects Vader Down #1, Star Wars #13-14, Darth Vader #13-15
Droids & Ewoks Omnibus – June 14, 2016, $100, Hardcover, 536 pages, collects Ewoks #1-4, Droids #1-8 and Ewoks UK Annual 1989
Obi-Wan and Anakin – July 19, 2016, $15.99, TPB, 112 pages, collects Obi-Wan and Anakin #1-5
Star Wars Vol. 3 – August 16, 2016, $19.99, TPB, 136 pages, collects Star Wars #15-20
Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Rebellion Vol. 1 – July 5, 2016, $39.99, TPB, 504 pages, collects Star Wars: Empire #7, 14, 16-18, Star Wars: Vader’s Quest #1-4 and Star Wars (2013) #1-12
Kanan Vol. 2: First Blood – May 3, 2016, $17.99, TPB, 136 pages, collects Kanan #7-12
Darth Vader Vol. 3 – August 9, 2016, $16.99, TPB, 120 pages, collects Darth Vader Annual #1 and Darth Vader #16-19
Convention & Event News
- The Kenner Toys exhibit is open at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County until January 16th.
- Creation Entertainment’s 50 Year Mission Tour is December 9 to 11 in Burlingame, CA. Star Wars guests include Brent Spiner.
- Geekonomicon is December 11 to 13 in Biloxi, MS. Star Wars guests include Bai Ling and John R. Magnus.
- Buffy+Angel FanMeet is December 12 to 13 in Brussels, Belgium. Star Wars guests include James Marsters.
- Feel the Force Day Plymouth Christmas Special is December 12 in Plymouth, England. Star Wars guests include Chris Bunn, Alan Flyng, Trevor Butterfield, Laurie Goode, and Michael Henbury.
- H-Con is December 13 in Portsmouth, England. Star Wars guests include Dave Prowse.
- Mega Castillet ASFA presents The Force Awakens on December 16 in Amelie-Les Bains, France. Star Wars guests include Stephen Calcutt, John Coppinger, Alan Flyng, and Alan Harris.
For more events, be sure to check out Star Wars Actors Appearances.
- One of my favorite sites, Mighty Jabba’s Collection, is doing a YouTube Jabba the Hutt advent calendar, counting down the days till Christmas with the galaxy’s favorite Hutt. Each day there’s a new video highlighting a cool Jabba collectible. Be sure to check them out.
Movie & Television News
- We’re so close to The Force Awakens and still getting trailers? Now there’s the Chinese trailer.
- A new international trailer.
- And then there’s TV spot #18. At this point, you’ll have to track down the rest by yourself. It’s getting crazy.
- There’s also a behind the scenes featurette on Rey.
- And the Legacy featurette.
- Beyond trailers, there’s The Force Awakens global press conference.
- Comics Continuum has a bunch of press junket videos.
- Oscar Isaac on Good Morning America.
- Daisy Ridley on Live! with Kelly and Michael.
- Jedi News has a look at four new Chinese character posters for The Force Awakens: Finn, Rey, Han & Leia, and Kylo.
- People magazine has a look at Snoke., and a look at Carrie Fisher’s daughter Billie Lourd.
- Lupita Nyong’o and Daisy Ridley talked with Refinery29.
- The most interesting news of the week, though, is that the trailer for Star Trek Beyond will be in front of The Force Awakens.
- And in Star Wars Rebels news, the latest Rebels Recon is out for “Legacy” as well as the episode guide.
In other news, the trailer for The Legend of Tarzan is out. If nothing else, it has Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson in it. It’ll be out July 2016.
Toy & Collectible News
- Sideshow is now taking pre-orders for their sixth scale Darth Vader.
- Hot Toys pre-orders are up for the sixth scale Rey and BB-8. Rey is also available by herself.
- Toyark has a nice photo gallery for the Entertainment Earth Black Series 4-pack exclusive.
- As well as some new photos of upcoming SH Figuarts Star Wars figures.
Video Game News
Not happy with the amount of depth in Star Wars: Battlefront? Well EA owns up to it.
Posted By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.