Around the WebOctober 30, 2015 at 12:01 am | Posted in Around the Web, Art, Books, Comic Books, Conventions, Events, Marvel, Regular Feature, Star Wars, Star Wars Books, Star Wars Rebels, Television | Leave a comment
Here is this week’s Around the Web news roundup of Star Wars and beyond.
- Tsuneo Sanda made the cover of Newsweek with a new The Force Awakens image. You can check out the original artwork on Facebook.
- Pediment Publishing is putting out an interesting book called A Galaxy All Their Own which collects 38 years of Star Wars through the pages of the Los Angeles Times. You can check out Amazon for more details.
- StarWars.com has posted part two of Mike Deodato’s Vader Down sketchbook.
- 13th Dimension has a preview of Star Wars #11.
Convention & Event News
- 2050 is October 30 to November 1 in Daytona Beach, FL. Star Wars guests include Amy Allen, Joseph Gatt, Daniel Logan.
- Austin Comic Con is October 30 to 31 in Austin, TX. Star Wars guests include Salvador Larroca, Lawrence Reynolds, Brent Spiner.
- Central Canada Comic Con will be October 30 to November 1 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Star Wars guests include Nalini Krishan, James Marsters, Tim Rose, Carel Struycken.
- Spooky Empire Ultimate Halloween Weekend is October 30 to November 1 in Orlando, FL. Star Wars guests include Rusty Goffe.
- Belfast Film & Comic Con is October 31 to November 1 in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Star Wars guests include Jeremy Bulloch, Ian Liston, Simon J. Williamson.
- Big Bang Sci-Fi Saturday is October 31 in London, England. Star Wars guests include Chris Bunn, Stephanie English, Nick Joseph.
- Halloween Comicfest at Powers Comics is October 31st from 1:00 to 3:00 PM Star Wars author John Jackson Miller will be there.
- Halloween Fest is October 31 in Hilliard, OH. Star Wars guests include Deep Roy.
- IFCON Victoria is October 31 to November 1 in Victoria, BC. Star Wars guests include Janine Johnston, Glen Mullaly, Felix Silla.
- WynterCon is October 31 to November 1 in Eastbourne, England. Star Wars guests include Alan Flyng, Garrick Hagon, Michael Henbury, Brian Muir, Pam Rose, Brian Wheeler.
- Mark My Words is November 6 at the Mark Twain House and Museum in Hartford, CT. Star Wars guests include Jason Fry, John Ostrander, Michael A. Stackpole, Ryder Windham and Timothy Zahn.
For more events, be sure to check out Star Wars Actors Appearances.
- Vanity Fair had J.J. Abrams field some questions in a tongue and cheek video interview covering everything from Star Wars to Lost. It’s kind of funny. Worth a watch.
- IGN has an interview with Dave Filoni covering Star Wars Rebels.
- New episode of The Comlink features David Collins and J.C. Reifenberg talking about The Force Awakens poster and trailer and ticket sales.
Movie & Television News
- Extra TV talks with J.J. Abrams who confirms there will be no more trailers, and they also touch on the ridiculous racist group boycotting Star Wars.
- The Associated Press also has an interview with J.J. Abrams. Surprisingly, the audio is crummy and it’s short. The AP needs to step up their game.
- “Always Two There Are” episode guide is up on StarWars.com.
- And there’s the newest episode of Rebels Recon which reveals some tantalizing things about the inquisitors.
- Westerns are having a resurgence, and cashing in on that craze is Adam Sandler with The Ridiculous 6 which will be out December 11th.
Toy & Collectible News