‘Kenobi’ Trivia: Week 1August 4, 2013 at 8:56 am | Posted in Books, Del Rey, Star Wars, Star Wars Books | 1 Comment
Tags: john jackson miller, kenobi
As a countdown to Kenobi, author John Jackson Miller is tweeting daily, spoiler-free, trivia via #KenobiCountdown. Here’s this week’s trivia.
31) In my pitch, KENOBI was titled “BEN”. But there’s more than one Ben in the EU, so I changed it.
30) The change fits well, especially because how Kenobi’s name circulated on Tatooine is considered.
29) Still own my Kenobi action figure from eons ago. Unlike Luke, he had the right color lightsaber!
28) As a kid I was always intrigued by Obi-Wan’s past. Jo Duffy’s Marvel issue was my 1st exposure.
27) KENOBI began as an idea for a graphic novel in 2006. Later realized it suited prose far better!
25) Besides westerns there’s a stranger-in-a-small-town story dynamic. Northern Exposure & Ballykissangel good TV examples.
24) Idea of seeing Obi-Wan thru Tatooine locals’ eyes was present from day one. He’s a mystery man.
If you haven’t pre-ordered Kenobi already, you can head on over to the Random House product page for links to the hardcover, digital and audiobook versions from various retailers. Kenobi will hit stores August 27th.