Tags: carlos d'anda, cobra outlaw, cobra rebellion, darth vader and the cry of shadows, david prowse, drew karpyshyn, Gabriel Hardman, greg weismann, matthew stover, paul s. kemp, timothy zahn
Here is this week’s Around the Web roundup of Star Wars news and beyond.
- If you’d like to pick up some original comic art by Gabriel Hardman, you can check out Cadence Comic Art. They’ve got a wide collection, but I didn’t see any of his Star Wars yet.
- CBR has a sneak peak at Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows #1.
- Last call for signed Paul S. Kemp books for the holidays. If you’re thinking about getting one as a Christmas gift, be sure to hit Paul up by this Sunday.
- Author Timothy Zahn is hard at work on Cobra Outlaw, the second book in the Cobra Rebellion trilogy.
- Over on Suvudu, author Drew Karpyshyn talks a little about naming characters.
Tags: scoundrels, timothy zahn
Timothy Zahn’s Scoundrels is out today in paperback format. You can find retailer links here on Random House’s official product page as well as an excerpt from the book.
Posted By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: clockwork angels, dark times, dave dorman, doug wheatley, hunt for the hyrda, j.w. rinzler, Jan Duursema, jason fry, jeffrey brown, joe corroney, kevin hearne, kevin j. anders, randy stradley, star wars storyboards the original trilogy, the jupiter pirates, timothy zahn
Here is this week’s Around the Web covering Star Wars and beyond.
- Star Wars artist Dave Dorman has some original artwork up for sale for the holidays. He also has a selection of art prints for sale as well.
- Star Wars artist Joe Corroney has a new online store.
- IDW’s new game Kill Shakespeare will feature Dave Dorman as part of the art team.
Black Friday Deals
- For Black Friday, Titan Magazines is running a special promotion for Star Wars Insider. Sign up and you can get a free copy of the Millennium Falcon Owner’s Workshop Manual or the Death Star Owner’s Technical Manual.
- Yakface.com is doing a Black Friday Giveaway for Wave 2 of the 3-3/4″ Black Series figures.
- Walmart is doing a pre-Black Friday sale on the LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles DVD combo for The Phantom Clone and Menace of the Sith.
- And Things From Another World is doing their annual Black Friday sale which is a great way to pick up some cheap comics. Some comics are already on sale, with discounts increasing as Black Friday draws nearer.
- Club Jade also has a look at what Her Universe will have out for Black Friday.
Tags: Catching Fire, hunger games, ian doescher, martha wells, star wars reads day, still life, tim lebbon, timothy zahn, william shakespeare's the empire striketh back
Here’s this weeks Around the Web gathering up book, movie, con news and more.
- Editor Jennifer Heddle revealed the title for the sequel to William Shakespeare’s Star Wars by Ian Doescher–William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back.
Speaking of Quirk — am currently reading the manuscript for WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE’S THE EMPIRE STRIKETH BACK and loving it.
- SF Signal has a piece asking different authors what authors influenced them when they were young. Among the authors is Martha Wells. You can check it out here.
- Target Audience Magazine has an interview with author Timothy Zahn.
- You can check out the cover art for Tim Lebbon‘s upcoming novella Still Life here.
- Star Wars comic writer Tom Taylor is part of a kickstarter project for a horror anthology called In the Dark. They’re halfway to their goal and still have 33 days to go.
Tags: chris trevas, empire and rebellion, Gabriel Hardman, jeff grubb, jerry vanderstelt, joe corroney, kevin j. anderson, martha wells, razor's edge, scourge, timothy zahn, transformers
Here is this week’s Around the Web gathering together the Star Wars related news you might have missed elsewhere.
- FANgirl Blog has been posting a bunch of awesome, original artwork featuring the characters of Empire and Rebellion: Razor’s Edge. You can check out Caline Metara (the Alderaanian pirate captain), Sian Tesar (Rebel pilot), Kifar Itran (Rebel trooper), and of course Leia.
- Depending on how deep your pockets are, you can get this one of kind Star Wars Topps card colored by Star Wars artist Jerry Vanderstelt.
- Star Wars artist Chris Trevas shared some cool stuff on Facebook. First off, he teased a new project he’s working on (Transformers?) and some upcoming Star Wars projects.
Chris Trevas: “Starting work on a non-Star Wars project today. What?! I think it’s been around three years since I worked on something outside that galaxy. I’m having fun painting robots from another franchise…Don’t worry. I already have another Star Wars book that will be starting fairly soon plus a few other SW projects.”
Tags: Gabriel Hardman, jason fry, john jackson miller, martha wells, paul s. kemp, robocop, steve perry, the godborn, timothy zahn
Here’s this week’s Around the Web news roundup of Star Wars and beyond.
- John Jackson Miller has a nice roundup of Kenobi reviews, interviews and extras on his website farawaypress.com.
- Speculate! SF featured guest author Martha Wells.
- Insite also has a nice writeup on Martha Wells that’s worth checking out.
- Wizards of the Coast has the prologue for Paul S. Kemp’s The Godborn online right here.
- Rounding book news up, Steve Perry posted that he’ll have some new books on the way. The Vastalimi Gambit should be out for Christmas, and The Dixie Conflict will be out in January.
Tags: a travesty of hope, brian wood, cibola burn, dave dorman, Gravity, james s.a. corey, kenobi, paul s. kemp, scoundrels, still life, the expanse, the godborn, tim lebbon, timothy zahn, transformers 4
Here’s this week’s Around the Web news roundup of Star Wars news and more.
- Kicking things off, author John Jackson Miller revealed on Twitter that Kenobi is set to debut at #12 on the New York Times Best Sellers hardcover list.
- Meanwhile William Shakespeare’s Star Wars is hanging in there for it’s seventh week, now at #18 on the New York Times Best Sellers list.
- Star Wars Books, Del Rey’s Star Wars Facebook outlet, posted some proposed artwork for Timothy Zahn’s Scoundrels. The artwork shows two different versions of Eanjer Kunarazti. Fair warning, if you haven’t read Scoundrels yet, you’ll want to stay away from this post as it goes into spoiler territory.
- On the Empire and Rebellion front, Honor Among Thieves is finished. Continue Reading Around the Web…
Tags: parallax, timothy zahn
Today we wish a very happy birthday to Star Wars Expanded Universe author Timothy Zahn! While Tim doesn’t have any Star Wars books in the pipeline right now, he does have a new game he’s working on called Parallax. You can check out the details on Kickstarter and they have a Facebook page setup where fans can ask questions about the game. Be sure to check it out.
Note: the Kickstarter for Parallax isn’t live yet. Once it does go live, we’ll be sure to let you know.
Posted By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: Blackcollar, timothy zahn
If you’re looking for a Zahn fix, Blackcollar is certainly a good choice. It’s military sci-fi with compelling characters and a deep setting. If you’re a fan of Timothy Zahn, this one is worth checking out. Click here to read our full review.
Reviewed By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: aaron allston, billy dee williams, christie golden, d23 expo, Dave Wolverton, doug wheatley, ender's game, five by five, kevin j. anderson, kristine kathryn rusch, michael a. stackpole, pablo hidalgo, randy stradley, timothy zahn, Troy Denning, william c. dietz
And here’s this week’s news.
Star Wars Artist Dave Dorman is having a July sale on many of his best Star Wars prints. Pick two for $100 or go crazy and buy them all.
Author Aaron Allston has finished his second short story for Time Traveled Tales which has surpassed its initial goals and almost all of its stretch goals. There’s still time to get in, so don’t hesitate to add your pledge. Aaron also teased the cover image for Five By Five 2: No Surrender which will feature short stories by him, Kevin J. Anderson, William C. Dietz, Brad R. Torgersen and R. M. Meluch. Continue Reading Around the Web…