Tags: clockwork angels, dark times, dave dorman, doug wheatley, hunt for the hyrda, j.w. rinzler, Jan Duursema, jason fry, jeffrey brown, joe corroney, kevin hearne, kevin j. anders, randy stradley, star wars storyboards the original trilogy, the jupiter pirates, timothy zahn
Here is this week’s Around the Web covering Star Wars and beyond.
- Star Wars artist Dave Dorman has some original artwork up for sale for the holidays. He also has a selection of art prints for sale as well.
- Star Wars artist Joe Corroney has a new online store.
- IDW’s new game Kill Shakespeare will feature Dave Dorman as part of the art team.
Black Friday Deals
- For Black Friday, Titan Magazines is running a special promotion for Star Wars Insider. Sign up and you can get a free copy of the Millennium Falcon Owner’s Workshop Manual or the Death Star Owner’s Technical Manual.
- Yakface.com is doing a Black Friday Giveaway for Wave 2 of the 3-3/4″ Black Series figures.
- Walmart is doing a pre-Black Friday sale on the LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles DVD combo for The Phantom Clone and Menace of the Sith.
- And Things From Another World is doing their annual Black Friday sale which is a great way to pick up some cheap comics. Some comics are already on sale, with discounts increasing as Black Friday draws nearer.
- Club Jade also has a look at what Her Universe will have out for Black Friday.
Tags: christie golden, daniel abraham, dave dorman, dave filoni, gus mendonca, kevin j. anderson, martha wells, star wars 1313, the black series, the bounty hunter code, zack giallongo
Here is this week’s Around the Web news roundup.
- Looking for Star Wars 1313 concept art? Check out Gus Mendonca’s website for some you probably haven’t seen before.
- If you’re in the Chicago area this weekend, be sure to check out Star Wars artist Dave Dorman who will be at two events: Wheaton’s Blick Art Supply on Saturday November 2nd (from 2:00 to 4:00 PM) for a live art demo, and in Westmont for the Maleficium exhibit at J. Anthony Kosar’s studio.
- Ewoks: Shadows of Endor writer and comic artist Zack Giallongo will be at Casablanca Comics in Portland, ME on Saturday November 2nd.
Tags: brian wood, dave dorman, ewoks, forgotten realms, j.w. rinzler, joe johnston, paul s. kemp, shadows of endor, the godborn, the making of star wars return of the jedi, Troy Denning, zack giallongo
Here is this week’s Around the Web featuring news and events for Star Wars and beyond.
- Dave Dorman fans looking to get a signed print of his variant cover for The Other Dead #1 featuring President Obama ready to take on the zombie apocalypse can pick one up here while supplies last.
- Dallas Comic Con Fan Days starts today and features quite a few Star Wars guests: Anthony Daniels, Carrie Fisher, David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Daniel Logan, Ron Perlman and Katee Sackhoff.
- DEF-CON 2 kicks off Saturday in Southhampton, England and features Star Wars guests Jeremy Bulloch, Pam Rose, Brian Wheeler, Alan Flyng, Nick Joseph, John Chapman, and Brian Muir.
- Also kicking off Saturday in England is the London Film & Comic Con which will features guests Ailsa Berk, Jett Lucas, Julian Glover, Brian Blessed, Mike Mayhew and J.W. Rinzler.
- John Jackson Miller has revealed his NYCC schedule. He’ll be signing at the Random House booth (#2205) Friday from 5-6 p.m. and Saturday from 11-noon.
- Star Wars artist Jeff Carlisle will be a featured Artist Guest of Honor this year at Con on the Cob which kicks off October 17 in Hudson, OH.
Tags: dave dorman, the other dead
If the cover doesn’t get your attention, then maybe a zombie deer attacking Dick Cheney will? The Other Dead #1 kicks off a zombie series that dives into gore, messed up characters, and the promise of some over the top action. Click here to read our full review.
Reviewed By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: dave dorman
Today we wish a very happy birthday to the extremely talent Dave Dorman. As always, we anxiously await his next Star Wars project. Keep up the great work, Dave!
Posted By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: a travesty of hope, brian wood, cibola burn, dave dorman, Gravity, james s.a. corey, kenobi, paul s. kemp, scoundrels, still life, the expanse, the godborn, tim lebbon, timothy zahn, transformers 4
Here’s this week’s Around the Web news roundup of Star Wars news and more.
- Kicking things off, author John Jackson Miller revealed on Twitter that Kenobi is set to debut at #12 on the New York Times Best Sellers hardcover list.
- Meanwhile William Shakespeare’s Star Wars is hanging in there for it’s seventh week, now at #18 on the New York Times Best Sellers list.
- Star Wars Books, Del Rey’s Star Wars Facebook outlet, posted some proposed artwork for Timothy Zahn’s Scoundrels. The artwork shows two different versions of Eanjer Kunarazti. Fair warning, if you haven’t read Scoundrels yet, you’ll want to stay away from this post as it goes into spoiler territory.
- On the Empire and Rebellion front, Honor Among Thieves is finished. Continue Reading Around the Web…
Tags: aaron allston, dave dorman, dave filoni, drew karpyshyn, james arnold taylor, john morton, martha wells, michael a. stackpole, paul s. kemp, tom taylor, tsuneo sanda
A Hero By Any Other Name is now available as an eBook on Amazon. This superhero anthology includes stories by Aaron Allston, Michael A. Stackpole, Janine K. Spendlove, Bryan Young, Maxwell Alexander Drake, R.T. Kaelin, Maggie Allen and Ron Garner.
Author Michael A. Stackpole posted on Facebook that he’ll be teaching online writing classes for Arizona State next year. Certainly something to keep in mind for those interested in furthering their education.
Martha Wells posted a teaser for her upcoming Raksura novella. For those who haven’t read her Books of the Raksura series yet, there is a discounted compilation available on Kindle, Nook and Kobo. Fans of Martha Wells’ Emilie & the Hollow World can also pre-order the sequel Emilie & the Sky World now on Amazon and B&N. Continue Reading Around the Web…
Tags: dave dorman, forgotten realms, harrison ford, james s.a. corey, Jan Duursema, john jackson miller, kevin hearne, paul s. kemp, randy stradley, star wars celebration europe, tim lebbon
Star Wars artist Jan Duursema has some new artwork up on Catskillcomics.com.
Upcoming Star Wars author Kevin Hearne, who is working on the Luke Skywalker novel which will be the third book in the Empire and Rebellion series, shared a little on Facebook…
Today I get to really dive into the Star Wars book. I noodled around a bit last night after I got home, but this morning I’m firing up the soundtrack and I think there will be some unbridled glee.
Tags: dave dorman
Comic Book Mania is today from 10:00 AM-5:00 PM in Elgin, IL. If you’re in the area, be sure to stop by. Admission is free and there are lots of comic guests included Star Wars artist Dave Dorman.
Posted By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: dave dorman
Star Wars artist Dave Dorman is doing a very special art sale for a limited time only. From July 10 through 14, fans can pick up two prints for just $100 and that includes shipping. Click here to check it out.