Marvel has released their solicitations for August 2015. Here is the Star Wars rundown.
Tags: golden books
Golden Books is releasing six new Star Wars books, one for each film this July. Here’s a look at the covers which are pretty neat.
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
Author: Courtney Carbone
Illustrator: Heather Martinez
Release Date: July 28, 2015
Details: $4.99, 24 pages, full color, 6.6″ x 8″ Continue Reading Little Golden Star Wars Books…
Tags: jeffrey brown
Here is this week’s Podcasts in Review.
Bombad Radio: Star Wars Celebration: Revenge of the Sith 3D episode is hosted by Jeremiah and Jason as Jason talks about seeing Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith in 3D at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim. He compares the 3D quality of all three prequel films, summarizes Dennis Muren’s comments on doing the 3D effects for ROTS, and they talk about the screenings in general. Kind of a neat inside look since I haven’t seen any of the films in 3D. Interesting to hear how far ROTS has come with the latest 3D effects.
Brews and Blasters: Episode #20 features special guest Riley Blanton (Star Wars Report) and is hosted by Joe Tavano. The episode starts out with a little coffee discussion before the meander into some Star Wars and then dig into the Vanity Fair The Force Awakens article. At the end, they do a quick review of Age of Ultron and talk about Whedon’s rift with Marvel. It’s a very casual episode and there are some technical difficulties, but you might want to check it out.
Cloud City Casino: Episode 002 features guest Mark Hurliman as they talk about Celebration. Though, to be honest, it’s mostly Mark talking. Michael gives Mark plenty of room to cover his trip to Disneyland and Celebration with the family, sharing the trial and tribulations, as well as the awesome moments. It’s a fun episode with good audio quality and a great guest making it worth checking out. Continue Reading Podcasts in Review…
Star Wars #5 is out today from Marvel Comics.
Star Wars #5
Writer: Jason Aaron
Cover Artist: John Cassaday
THE GREATEST SPACE ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME CONTINUES! As Luke goes home in search of the truth about his late mentor… …Leia takes Han on a secret mission of vital importance to the Rebellion. Unfortunately, they both run into some unfriendly encounters.
Posted By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: darth vader
Darth Vader #5 reveals who the Dark Lords replacements are, but it holds back on unleashing them. This one will leave you in a hurry to read the next one. Click here to read our full review.
Reviewed By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Latest Databurst From the 501st covering 501st Legion event news from May 20 to May 26th. As always, be sure to mark your calendars and support your local garrisons.
- German Garrison will be in Dusseldorf for Fedcon 24 from May 21 to 24th.
- Midwest Garrison will be in Aurora, IL for a Cub Scout event.
- Ohio Garrison will be in Cincinnati, OH for a visit to the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
- Old Line Garrison will be in Elkton, MD for Star Wars Night at the Cherry Hill Middle School Book Fair from 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Bast Alpha Garrison will be in Houston, TX for Comicpalooza from May 22 to 25th.
- Florida Garrison will be in Disney World for Star Wars Weekends from May 22 to 24th.
- Midwest Garrison will be in Geneva, IL for Star Wars Night with the Kane County Cougars.
- Star Garrison will be in Houston, TX for Comicpalooza from May 22 to 25th.
- UK Garrison will be in London for MCM Comic Con from May 22 to 24th and in Leicester for the Natwest T20 Blast.
Tags: adam bray, christie golden, cobra, dark disciple, last night, lords of the sith, paul s. kemp, timothy zahn, tree of life, tricia barr, Troy Denning, ultimate star wars
Here is this week’s Around the Web news roundup of Star Wars and beyond.
- Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp has debuted at #17 on the New York Times Best Sellers List and #8 on Publishers Weekly bestsellers list. It’s also getting a third printing.
- There’s a new blurb up for Dark Disciple by Christie Golden.
- StarWarsTimeline.Net is release a previously unpublished Star Wars novel that was once approved by Lucasfilm and written by Kenneth C. Flint called The Heart of the Jedi. They are releasing it four chapters at a time and the first four chapters are up.
- Star Wars Upcoming Books & Comics posted a rundown on the upcoming short fiction coming from Star Wars Insider.
- Star Wars Frames is being released as a postcard book. You can check out the listing on Amazon.
- Jawa James posted a view interview with Ultimate Star Wars author Adam Bray. which reveals he is *probably* working on a second visual guide for Star Wars Rebels.
- And video of the Ultimate Star Wars book tour featuring authors Tricia Barr and Adam Bray which you can watch here.
- Cobra by Timothy Zahn is now available via Bean Books’ free library.
- And with the television premiere of Wayward Pines this week, you can check out Timothy Zahn‘s tie-in novella Tree of Life.
- Troy Denning‘s Halo novel Last Night received a cover reveal.
Edelweiss has updated their catalog with some new entries revealing some of The Force Awakens kids books as well as some Star Wars Rebels books and Marvel titles. Here’s the rundown.
Star Wars: The Complete Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 3
Release Date: September 15, 2015
Details: 1,136 pages, hardcover, $125
The original Star Wars comic-book saga concludes! Savor an all-action adaptation of Star Wars: Episode VI – The Return of the Jedi, and fi nd out what happens after the Battle of Endor! Luke, Leia and their allies seek to establish a new galactic government – but Imperial Forces still stand in the way. When Darth Vader falls, a Dark Lady will rise! Meanwhile, Han Solo and Chewbacca head to Wookiee World! The Ewoks go to war! And tragedy strikes close to C-3PO – could it be that even a droid can cry? Plus: a cornucopia of Star Wars rarities – including exclusive stories only published in the UK!
COLLECTING: STAR WARS 79-107, ANNUAL 3; RETURN OF THE JEDI 1-4; MATERIAL FROM PIZZAZZ 1-16; MATERIAL FROM STAR WARS WEEKLY (UK) 60, 94-99, 104-115; MATERIAL FROM EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (UK) #149, 151, 153-157; MATERIAL FROM STAR WARS (UK) 159
Star Wars Epic Collection: Infinities
Release Date: December 29, 2015
Details: 504 pages, paperback, $39.99 Continue Reading The Force Awakens Books and More…
Tags: clive revill, felix silla, john ratzenberger, stephen stanton
Here is this week’s Podcasts in Review.
Assembly of Geeks: they go over some of their experiences at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim. Afterwards they discuss their reactions to the Superman v. Batman: Dawn of Justice trailer, Peggy Carter renewal news, kid who reaches out to George Lucas about Jedi and marriage, they discuss The Force Awakens trailer, and then they have a guest on to talk and speculate about how BB-8 works. With lots of geeky discussion and a heaping dose of Star Wars, this is a good one to add to your playlist.
Bombad Radio: Star Wars: Battlefront Panel features audio from the Star Wars Celebration Anaheim panel. I haven’t had a chance to watch the livestream video so this was a good way for me to catch up on what happened at the panel. Notably the game will be 1st and 3rd person, Sullust is in the game, heroes and villains will be playable, it will be out November 17 with the battle of Jakku DLC coming out December 8 for free. But aside from all that, there’s some fun stories, especially Doug Chiang’s comments about working on the project.
EndorCast: Episode III recaps their experiences at Star Wars Celebration. It’s interesting because in this case, it’s from the viewpoints of members of the Rebel Legion and Mandalorian Mercs. They talk about the events they were able to go to, meeting Dave Filoni, Sam Witwer and Anthony Daniels, the running of the Willrow Hoods, the RebelForce Radio party, the 501st bash, the Willrow Hood ice cream social, and their trooping events. They also have an interview with Felix Silla who talks about The Adam’s Family, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Flash Gordon and Return of the Jedi. I did not know he played Cousin It or that he doubled for Short Round. It’s a cool interview, and if you’re looking for Celebration recaps and stories, they have you covered there too. Continue Reading Podcasts in Review…
Tags: darth vader
Darth Vader #5 is out today from Marvel.
Writer: Kieron Gillen
Artist: Salvador Larroca
Cover Artist: Adi Granov
Vader continues his investigation into the Emperor’s secrets…not everyone wants him to find out the truth. Who are Vader’s mysterious new rivals?
Details: 32 pages, Rated T, $3.99