Here are this week’s podcasts in review.
Full of Sith: Episode XL has host Bryan Young and features guest Bobbie Roberts for the latest episode of rumor control. Bryan and Bobbie cover the news of Kasdan and Abrams taking over the script, other rumors on why Arndt is no longer attached to the project, and what that could mean. Pretty good discussion on the subject and the best I’ve seen so far. They also touch on the Droid Edit clips of rare Return of the Jedi footage which is on Facebook.
Galaxy of Toys: Episode 17 features special guest Jimmy Mac as they go back in time to review the classic Kenner Star Wars figures. In this episode they cover wave two (Greedo, Hammerhead, Red Snaggletooth, Walrus Man, X-Wing Pilot/Luke, R5-D4, Death Star Droid, Power Droid and Boba Fett) which includes childhood memories, what they think of the figures now, and overall, an insightful look at Star Wars collecting. Continue Reading Podcasts in Review…
Tags: daniel wallace, jason fry
Here’s this weeks Star Wars podcasts in review.
Bombad Radio: Episode 100 has Nathalie Cox, the voice actress for Juno Eclipse in The Force Unleashed games. It’s a really nice interview and worth checking out. Nathalie talks about how she got the job and what it was like working with the other voice actors, plus how The Force Unleashed differed from The Force Unleashed II.
Coffee with Kenobi: Rebels Reactions Show #1 features Dan, Cory and Tricia Barr doing a quick discussion of the Star Wars Rebels 15 second teaser and on initial reactions.
Rebels Reactions Show #2 kicks off with Tricia Barr who goes over in detail, point-by-point, the Star Wars Rebels panel from NYCC. It’s a really nice, comprehensive overview of the panel and worth a listen. Afterwards, Dan and Cory provide their opinions on the news.
Tags: bad lip reading, game of thrones
Posted by Geralyn for Roqoo Depot
Tags: star wars reads day
Here’s this week’s Around the Web news.
- Jazma Online has an interview with Star Wars artist Dave Dorman covering the controversial cover for The Other Dead and more.
- Star Wars Bookworms has a look at the back cover for Maul: Lockdown by Joe Schreiber.
- Martha Wells has a first look at the cover for Emile & the Sky World.
- Kevin J. Anderson fans can look forward to the next Dan Shamble story “Naughty and Nice” which will be out November 1st.
- Author Jason Fry provides a fun look at The Bounty Hunter Code.
ForceCast: Episode 273 is a Star Wars Reads Day special which includes interviews with Pablo Hidalgo, Leland Chee, Timothy Zahn and Aaron Allston. Unfortunately they make listeners wait through the news and rumor discussions, but you skip all that by jumping to the 46 minute mark. Pablo and Leland talk about a lot of cool things, Tim talks about his idea for a maestro trilogy spanning three different time periods and all of his characters, while Aaron mentions that he did pitch another X-Wing book though everything is of course on hold.
Full of Sith: Episode XXXVIII has Bobbie Roberts and Dunc as special guests as they join Bryan for a discussion of Star Wars Rebels and the news that came out of New York Comic Con before diving into a Star Wars Episode VII discussion touching on rumors and possibilities. Continue Reading Podcasts in Review…
Tags: David Scheneider, samuel l. jackson
Okay, not really, but it should be his dog.
Source: David Schneider
Posted by Geralyn for Roqoo Depot
501stCast: Episode 76 provides all the latest coverage for the 501st as well as an interview with Steve Sansweet talking about his induction into the Guinness World Records Book.
Bombad Radio: Episode 93 starts off with some gaming chat about Grand Theft Auto V before picking up a RPG report from their roleplaying forums. After that is a very nice interview with Courtenay Taylor who talks about her voice work for video games. Having worked on quite a few games, she talks about Resident Evil, Mass Effect and Star Wars. I thought it was pretty cool hearing what she drew upon for her character Jack in the Mass Effect series.
Episode 94 has a great interview with author Paul S. Kemp covering his latest Forgotten Realms novel The Godborn. Paul also mentions that he has two more Forgotten Realms novels which will be following up on the events from The Godborn, so there’s plenty for fans to look forward to. If you’re a Kemp fan, be sure to check this one out. Continue Reading Podcasts in Review…
Tags: ewoks, Lady Punk Ass, Spike TV
Source: Lady Punk Ass and Spike TV
Posted by Geralyn for Roqoo Depot
Tags: brian wood, dave dorman, ewoks, forgotten realms, j.w. rinzler, joe johnston, paul s. kemp, shadows of endor, the godborn, the making of star wars return of the jedi, Troy Denning, zack giallongo
Here is this week’s Around the Web featuring news and events for Star Wars and beyond.
- Dave Dorman fans looking to get a signed print of his variant cover for The Other Dead #1 featuring President Obama ready to take on the zombie apocalypse can pick one up here while supplies last.
- Dallas Comic Con Fan Days starts today and features quite a few Star Wars guests: Anthony Daniels, Carrie Fisher, David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Daniel Logan, Ron Perlman and Katee Sackhoff.
- DEF-CON 2 kicks off Saturday in Southhampton, England and features Star Wars guests Jeremy Bulloch, Pam Rose, Brian Wheeler, Alan Flyng, Nick Joseph, John Chapman, and Brian Muir.
- Also kicking off Saturday in England is the London Film & Comic Con which will features guests Ailsa Berk, Jett Lucas, Julian Glover, Brian Blessed, Mike Mayhew and J.W. Rinzler.
- John Jackson Miller has revealed his NYCC schedule. He’ll be signing at the Random House booth (#2205) Friday from 5-6 p.m. and Saturday from 11-noon.
- Star Wars artist Jeff Carlisle will be a featured Artist Guest of Honor this year at Con on the Cob which kicks off October 17 in Hudson, OH.
Tags: david prowse, erich schoeneweiss, james arnold taylor, jennifer heddle, Peter Mayhew
Here’s this week’s podcasts in review.
501stCast: September 2013 Episode is out and covers all the latest 501st Legion news, from mission reports to upcoming events. If you want to catch up with what the Legion is up to, this is the place to go.
ForceCast: Episode 272 includes an interview with LucasBooks senior editor Jennifer Heddle. It starts at the 29 minute mark. Jen talks a little bit about how she became an editor for the Star Wars line and what her job entails. She also let drop that there will be more Star Wars books announced for 2014 in addition to those that have already been revealed, but they aren’t ready to reveal what those books are yet. Definitely good to hear that there’ll be more books.
Full of Sith: Special Release David Prowse and Peter Mayhew Episode has audio of the panel from Salt Lake Comic Con hosted by Bryan Young. If you’ve already listened to the Bombad Radio episode of the same audio, you can go ahead and skip this one, otherwise be sure to check it out to hear what David and Peter had to say about their work on the films. Continue Reading Podcasts in Review…