Tags: crucible, dawn of the jedi, into the void, San Diego Comic Con, tim lebbon, Troy Denning
Thanks to wonderful people on Twitter, like Star Wars Action News, we’ve got some coverage of The Future of Star Wars Panel at San Diego Comic Con 2012. Better yet, Tricia at FANgirl Blog has the cover art and blurbs, so be sure to check them out!
- Dawn of the Jedi will continue in November with Prisoner of Bogan.
- The Essential Readers’ Companion will have 100 scene paintings and 50 character portraits. It will be out October 2, 2012.
- Dawn of the Jedi will receive a novel, written by Tim Lebbon, and will be titled Into the Void.
- Troy Denning will be writing a standalone set one year after Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse. Will feature Big 3, no grandkids, and will start off in a cantina with Han shooting first. It will be called Crucible.
Some pretty nice news for Star Wars readers. In case you’re wondering who Tim Lebbon is, you can also check out FANgirl for a quick bio.
Some coverage via Big Shiny Robot…
- Agent of the Empire: Hard Targets (October 17) will have appearances by Leia and Boba Fett, and it will involve an assassination of Count Dooku.
- “They’re saying that they will make more Wraith books if [Mercy Kill] sells well.”
- “There are no grandkids along. At the start of the book, the Jedi are worried about whether Abeloth is really gone or not. They’re worried about the Sith. But they quickly discover they have something bigger to worry about. There are new villains that have a connection that goes way back to West End games… The villain’s mother knew Han way back when. It’s about things spinning out of control and getting worse until the heroes find themselves in a tight situation…”
- On Invasion comics: Randy Stradley, “There are no plans to do further Invasion stories. We’ve got such a packed 2013, the new Star Wars book is just the beginning. Lots more is coming. Something had to give. We may get back to it someday.”
Posted By: Skuldren for Roqoo Depot.
Tags: EUC, Fangirl Blog, lightsaber rattling
EU Cantina for their Summer Children’s Literacy Program. EUC has kicked off a two month campaign to raise awareness and funds for children’s literacy. You can check it out here.
Need more female perspective in your Star Wars (yes, you do)? Check out Fangirl Blog’s Blood, Honor and Matriarchs series, where they discuss the role of Hapans in Star Wars. You can find part 1 here and part 2 here.
LightSaber Rattling’s Peter Morrison has posted an unofficial Star Wars: Clone Wars motion comic, The Siren of Dathomir, by Joe Hogan which is worth a check out.
Here’s to Knight’s Archive for snaring the latest Scoundrels blurb. Good catch.
Our last shout out goes to just about every fan blog for getting the news out there about TOS’s Star Wars Reads Day (October 6, 2012). Since the shout out goes to everybody, we’re just going to link the official announcement.
Posted by Synlah for Roqoo Depot
Tags: mark hamill
That screaming you’re hearing right now is the fan response to the just-in announcement from CVI that Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill, is joining the roster of guest appearances at this summer’s celebration in Orlando. Since Carrie Fisher is already signed on to appear, it just needs Han to show up and we’ll have the Big Three gang back together.
Posted by Synlah for Roqoo Depot
Tags: harrison ford
Today we wish a happy birthday to actor Harrison Ford. The man who played Han Solo turns 70 years old today. Movie fans can look forward to seeing him play Colonel Hyrum Graff in Ender’s Game which will be out in November. He’s also working on a Jackie Robinson baseball movie called 42 and a drama called Paranoia which include fellow actors Liam Hemsworth and Gary Oldman.