CNN spoke with Anthony Daniels, the actor of C-3PO, about narrating Star Wars: In Concert. Anthony Daniels said about costumed fans showing up to the concert:
“I was with a bunch of stormtroopers in Germany and I thought well, these are clearly people who don’t have a life … so I asked one of them, you know, ‘What do you do for a living?’ And he said, ‘I’m a surgeon,’ and the next one was a lawyer, and the next one was an oceanographer. And after that, I stopped asking. I’m just an actor — I felt very humbled by that,” he said.
You can read the rest of the article here, including how the Star Wars story was modified and what Star Wars: In Concert has proven to Anthony Daniels.
Posted by: Dancelittleewok
For those of you on the east coast, Boston is hosting their comic con this weekend, April 30th and May 1st. Star Wars artists Adam Hughes and John Christopher Tyler will be among the many comic book industry celebs attending the event.
Also attending will be the legendary author, illustrator and creator of The Adams Family, Gahan Wilson.
Posted By: Synlah
Tags: anaheim comic con
This weekend is the Anaheim Comic Con in Anaheim, California which will be running Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (April 29-May 1). There will be a lot of Star artists and actors attending, as well as the 501st’s Southern California Garrison. In case you’re interested, here is a list of all the Star Wars notables who’ll be in attendance:
- Ray Park (Darth Maul, The Phantom Menace)
- Michael Golden (writer and illustrator for Marvel Star Wars comics)
- Mark Capri (Imperial Officer M’kae, Empire Strikes Back)
- Stephen Stanton (voice actor for The Clone Wars television show)
- Matthew Wolf (voice actor in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
- Matt “Batt” Banning (cover artist for Star Wars: Empire and Star Wars: Republic comics)
- Thomas Denmark (concept artist for Star Wars: X-wing Alliance video game)
- Paul Gulacy (penciller for Crimson Empire I & II)
- Tom Hodges (artist for Star Wars webcomics, You Can Draw: Star Wars, and Star Wars Insider)
- Barbara Kesel (editor for Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi and Dark Empire)
- Lance Sawyer (Topps Trading Card artist)
- Mike Vosburg (illustrator for Marvel Star Wars comics)
For more details you can check out the Anaheim Comic Con’s site.
Posted By: Skuldren
Tags: jedi - the dark side
Thanks to CBR you can catch a preview of Jedi – The Dark Side. This is the story of Qui Gon and his first padawan, Xanatos, and the female Jedi knight here is Qui Gon’s very good friend Tahl.
Tahl and Xanatos were first introduced in the Jude Watson Young Adult series, Jedi Apprentice; the story of Obi-Wan’s apprenticeship under Qui Gon. It’s one of my favorites series, and although I know what happens to both Tahl and Xanatos, I’m really looking forward to this back story comic book series. I’m especially excited about the inclusion of Tahl, who’s always been an intriguing character for me. While I’m not going to spoil anything, I will say that Tahl was very significant in Qui Gon’s life.
Release date for issue #1 is May 18th.
Posted By: Synlah
Tags: boston comic con, joe quinones
Artist Joe Quinones (cover artist for the Knight Errant comics) posted a new commission he did of Senator Padme Amidala as well as an update on his next appearance. This weekend is the Boston Comic Con (April 30-May 1) and Mr. Quinones will be in attendance selling originals, prints, t-shirts, and taking commissions. For more information on what table he will be set up at, or for commission prices, please check out Joe Quinones blog here.
Posted By: Skuldren
Tags: crosscurrent, deceived, forgotten realms, paul s. kemp, riptide, sffwrtcht
In case you missed the SFF Writer Chat last night with author Paul S. Kemp, we’ve composed an organized transcript for your viewing pleasure. SFF Writer Chat’s Bryan Thomas and a few fans asked Paul S. Kemp some questions that covered ground ranging from his start in the business to his current novels. Continue Reading SFF Writer Chat Transcript…
Tags: Vader's fist
Before listing the latest 501st Databurst events schedule, we’d like to take a moment to point out a special cause. 501st Trooper TK 8103 (New England Garrison) is participating in the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life and is aiming to raise $1000. If he reaches his goal, he will be doing the relay in full Stormtrooper armor. All the money goes to a great cause, so be sure to check it out. (TK 8103 is also on Twitter if you want to stop by and show him your appreciation)
Now for the latest events schedule:
- Mountain Garrison will be attending the Baskin Robbins Fallen Firefighters event in Denver (Thornton), Colorado from 5:00-10:00 PM.
- Garrison Carida will be at the Wilmington Blue Rocks Baseball Game in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Mountain Garrison will be at the Centennial Elementary Carnival in Loveland, CO.
- Nordic Garrison will be at the Student Star Wars Exhibit from April 29-May 1 in Strykeje, Oslo, Norway.
- Southern California Garrison will be at the Anaheim Comic-Con in Anaheim, Califorina from April 29-May 1st.
- 70th Explorers Garrison will be attending a pancake breakfast for a very lucky fan, Meghan, at O’Charley’s in O’Fallon, Missouri from 8:00-11:00 AM and at the St. John’s Children’s Hospital 26th annual Teddy Bear Rally in Springfield, Missouri.
- Alabama Garrison will be at Star Wars Night for the Birmingham Barons in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Canadian Garrison will be at the Morden Public School Fun Fair in Oakville, Ontario and at the Northern Ontario Expo in Timmins, Ontario.
- Central Garrison will be at the Autism Puzzle Walk in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Empire City Garrison will be at the Puppetry Arts Family Festival in Brooklyn, New York.
- Garrison Carida will be attending the Great Strides Cystic Fibrosis event in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
- Great Lakes Garrison will be at the Relay for Life in Dearborn, Michigan and at the Smart Start Saturday “Science and Beyond” in Okemos, Michigan.
- New England Garrison will be attending the Boston Comicon in Boston, Massachusetts.
- NorthEast Remnant Garrison will be at the Cystic Fibrosis Walk in Sewell, New Jersey and at the Bernards Library Event in Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
- Southern California Garrison will be at the MS Walk in Lancaster, California.
- 70th Explorers Garrison will be at the March for Babies March of Dimes in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Central Garrison will be at the March for Babies Walk in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Garrison Carida will be at the Comic Geek Speak Super Show in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- NorthEast Remnant Garrison will be at the Cystic Fibrosis Walk in Bradley Beach, New Jersey.
- Garrison Carida will be attending Paoli Hospital Nurse’s Day in Paoli, Pennsylvania from 9:00-11:00 AM.
- Garrison Carida will be at the Sunshine Foundation Dream Lift in Ewing, New Jersey.
Next databurst…May 4th, Star Wars Day (May the fourth be with you).
Posted By: Skuldren
The We Are Jedi project is a fundraiser set up by Japanese Star Wars fans to help those affected by the earthquake and tsunami that happened recently in Japan. The project has received cooperation from both Lucasfilm Ltd. and the 501st Legion, and the goal is to raise money for the victims by selling Star Wars themed t-shirts. Currently there are two designs and all proceeds go to the Japan Red Cross Society. Shirts are price at $29.50. You can visit their website here, and they also have a Facebook page which you can visit here. All sales will be conducted on their website.
Posted By: Skuldren
Tags: blood ties, darth vader and the lost command, legacy war, star wars adventures, threat of peace
There are a lot of comic releases today from Dark Horse including several trade paperbacks.
Darth Vader and the Lost Command #4
Writer: Haden Blackman
Penciller: Rick Leonardi
Inker: Dan Green
Colorist: Wes Dzioba
Cover Artist: Tsuneo Sanda
An attempt on his life leaves Vader and a handful of loyal troops trapped on a desolate world. Despite the deadly perils posed by the environment and attacks from his mysterious enemy, Vader will not veer from his duty.
But what if the reason for his mission is negated? And what do these visions of Padme mean to Vader’s future?
Legacy – War #5
Writer: John Ostrander
Penciller: Jan Duursema
Inker: Dan Parsons
Colorist: Brad Anderson
Cover Artist: Jan Duursema
In the aftermath of the latest battle, the Jedi, the Galactic Alliance, and Roan Fel’s Imperials retreat to the stronghold planet Bastion to lick their wounds. In the face of the Sith Empire’s new secret weapon, there are some who counsel that resistance is futile.
But the Sith have suffered, too, and Emperor Fel knows that now is the time to attack. Plans are made and plans within plans. For Cade Skywalker knows that this war must ultimately come down to him versus Darth Krayt.
No matter what the cost, Krayt must die!
Star Wars Adventures: Boba Fett and the Ship of Fear
Writer: Jeremy Barlow
Cover Artist: Sean McNally
The wreck of the Reverie, a four-hundred-year-old abandoned luxury liner is rumored to house an ancient relic of immense value. When Boba comes into possession of a map revealing the ship’s current whereabouts, he sets his sights on the prize. But he’s not alone-two bounty-hunting brothers with a grudge against Fett are now on his trail, hoping to win the treasure for themselves. But, neither Boba nor the brothers are prepared for what else is lurking within the creepy corridors of the forsaken Reverie . . .
Blood Ties: A Tale of Jango and Boba Fett
Writer: Tom Taylor
Artist: Chris Scalf
Cover Artist: Chris Scalf
*Collects issues 1-4
Here begins a multigenerational tale of honor and redemption, starring two of the heaviest hitters in the Star Wars galaxy–the father-and-clone team of Jango and Boba Fett!
A mission that begins with Jango Fett–before the Clone Wars–will affect the course of Boba Fett’s life some twenty years into the future. When an important assignment with a big payday from Count Dooku goes awry for Jango, Boba will be tasked with picking up the pieces . . .
The Old Republic: Threat of Peace
Writer: Rob Chestney
Artist: Alex Sanchez
Colorist: Michael Atiyeh
Cover Artist: Benjamin Carre
*Collects online issues 1-27
A look at the era of Star Wars: The Old Republic, written by one of the writers behind LucasArts and BioWare’s wildly anticipated massive multiplayer online game, Threat of Peace unveils a galaxy on the brink of destruction three hundred years after the events of Knights of the Old Republic!
For decades, the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire have been at war. The Sith have gained control of the Outer Rim, but their efforts to penetrate the Core Worlds have so far been thwarted. Now, representatives from both sides attempt to negotiate a peace treaty—but deception by the Sith puts the Jedi in an unfortunate position.
Posted By: Skuldren
Tags: Jan Duursema, john ostrander, legacy war
Legacy – War #4 is the first issue in the series that begins to feel like the end. Consequences fall heavily on the characters, and hard decisions are made. Yet there is still no end in sight for the war. The fallout from the battle for the Hidden Temple is a mixed bag. In the end, the future is uncertain for all sides…